Community Group Discussion Questions
Making disciples through the mutual ministry of
Text: Matthew 5:21-26
Sermon Title: Holiness is Wholeness
Date: November 18, 2018
- What are you looking forward to most about this Thanksgiving? What are you looking forward to least?
- Can you think of a story in Scripture that would prove whether or not it is always a sin to be angry?
- If murder was the standard for holiness how much would you feel your need for a savior? How does the broadening of this standard of holiness to the category of anger change your felt need for a savior?
- Jesus specifically links anger to sinful speech. How has your anger resulted in sinful speech? Tell us about specific forms of speech your anger has taken.
- In the sermon, Craig said, “You cannot worship the King publically if you are not loving people privately.” Who are you struggling to love privately? How does this impact your public worship?
- What relationship(s) of yours need reconciliation?
- What specific help do you need from the Lord to pursue reconciliation with this person or people (courage, forgiveness, patience, opportunity)? Let's pray for these things now!
- What about God or the gospel encourages you in the midst of your answers above?