Community Group Discussion Questions
Making disciples through the mutual ministry of
Text: Habakkuk 1:12-21
Sermon Title: When Life Doesn’t Make Sense
Date: March 17, 2019
- What is the most difficult or painful thing you are experiencing right now? Explain.
- Read: Lamentations 3:31-32, Romans 5:1-5, 2 Corinthians 1:8-11; 4:1-18. What do these passages teach us about God and why He allows His people to suffer?
- What are you tempted to rely on for protection, comfort, and/or deliverance instead of God in this situation (people, things, gifts)? Why?
- How does the truth that God is everlasting, holy (always does what is right), sovereign (always in control) and faithful (always doing good for His people) intended to shape the way you view this trial?
- Which one of these truths about God do you need the most help to trust right now? Why?
- What about the good news of the cross, where Christ died for my sins in my place, aids your trust in this specific part of His character that’s been difficult for you to hold on to?
- What questions or uncertainties do you still have about God in this trial? Will you, like Habakkuk, leave these uncertainties to God, waiting and watching for Him? What will you do to facilitate your watching and waiting?