Community Group Discussion Questions
Making disciples through the mutual ministry of
Text: Daniel 1
Sermon Title: The Secret of Faithful Living
Date: March 1, 2020
- Read Jeremiah 29:4-7. What theme(s) do you see when comparing God’s words here with Daniel 1?
- What in our secular culture are you willing to “accept” as Daniel did with his? What in our secular culture are you not willing to accept? Explain
- What in our culture are you uncertain whether to accept or resist? Explain.
- In what little things in your culture (family, work, recreation) are you tempted to compromise your faith in, today?
- In what ways are you or can you show your allegiance to another kingdom by “small” or regular “subversive” actions or resistance?
- Why is the repeated phrase “God gave” significant to Daniel’s faithfulness in his secular culture? Why is seeing my entire life (every particular) under the slogan “God gave” essential for our faithfulness?
- How does Christ’s death (in my place) and resurrection help me respond to failures of compromise in our culture? How does it fuel me to faithfulness in our culture?