Community Group Discussion Questions
Making disciples through the mutual ministry of
Text: 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8
Sermon Title: Sex for New Christians
Date: November 17, 2019
- Read 1 Corinthians 6:12-20. What is unique about sexual sin versus every other sort of sin? Based on this text, what power or aid does God give us in order to help us flee sexual immorality
- What comes to your mind when you think about “sexual holiness”? Contrast this with what comes to mind when you think about the idea of “sexual immorality”.
- Do you tend to minimize or over-empathize the importance of sex? Why?*
- In what particular ways are you currently living this out?
- What false promises is sexuality immorality making to you presently? What fears do you have about sexual holiness?
- How honestly have you talked about your particular sexual brokenness with other Christians up till now? Explain.
- Which of the following Spirit given gifts do you most need to receive today in order to walk in sexual holiness: (1) Contentment 2) Conviction 3) Hope 4) Community)? Explain
- What confidence do you have that He will give you this specific grace?
*Adapted from a re|engage workbook question.