Community Group Discussion Questions
Making disciples through the mutual ministry of
Text: Genesis 25:19-34
Sermon Title:Breaking Favoritism
Date: May 19, 2019
- Read James 2:8-9. What does James contrast favoritism with in these two verses? What implications does this contrast have?
- How have you seen favoritism show up in your family or other relationships?
- How has it impacted the “favored” one(s)?
- How has it impacted the “non- favored”?
- The gospel breaks favoritism by giving us a new Father, a new family (the church), and a new peace. Which one of these are you most needing to remember today? Explain.
- By the power of the gospel, what way(s) can you contribute to a church and small group culture absent of favoritism?